Yoga Basics II Workshop
Saturday, September 29, 2018
9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Instructor: Krissy Dopson, E-RYT500, YACEP
A Special one-day workshop focusing on the basics of Yoga Anatomy, Pranayama, and Asanas for the Beginner Student. Interested in learning more about the techniques of yoga for your safety and confidence? Or do you have questions about your own personal practice? Come enjoy a healthy day away from the world as you know it, and explore the world within yourself.
Join Krissy Dopson Simon as you learn and understand:
- The Introduction of Spine Health for Yoga
- Nadi Shodhana Pranayama - The Channel Purifying or Alternating Nostril Breath
- Learning the basic instructions & modifications of 3 Asanas:
- Downward-Facing Dog
- Half Spinal Twist
* You do not need to have taken Yoga Basics I to attend. All levels are welcome and encouraged to join.
Workshop Cost: $75 (Lunch on your own)
Register online or at the Studio.
Questions? Contact us:
Pranakriya Vinyasa Flow: a Sustainable Practice
November 9 – 11, 2018
Instructor: Krissy Dopson Simon, E-RYT500, YACEP
For 200 hour Yoga Teachers
Swami Kripalu says, “In the end, all yogas lead to one great Yoga. But one who completes the process of yoga understands its different paths and sees that the systematic practice of various disciplines leads to the same place.”
Through the Pranakriya Vinyasa Flow program you will learn and understand:
- What Vinyasa Flow is through the Pranakriya Lens
- How to Plan and Craft a Pranakriya Vinyasa Flow using your own Life Experiences
- How to Safely Sequence and Transition across the 8 Asana Families (using 30 postures) by understanding the following: Key Principles, Sequencing Do’s and Don’ts, Biomechanics and Energetics, Transition Risks, and Safe Entry/Exit
- A Formula for Communication Skills to deliver the Language of Yoga
Come reconnect with why you chose to become a teacher. Expand your practice crafting creative sequences from your heart, ultimately taking us all back to one great Yoga.
Join, Krissy Dopson Simon for Pranakriya Vinyasa Flow – A Sustainable Practice.
Workshop Cost:Early Bird - $350 before October 10th
- $400 after.
Register online: www.theyogacenter.net
Contact us: info@theyogacenternet or 803-613-0684
2019 Yoga Teacher Training
Instructor: Vladimir Tchakarov
E-RYT500, Pranakriya Program Director
Pranakriya Yoga Teacher Trainings involve 9 weekends, approximately 1 weekend per month. Each weekend we dive deeply into the asanas, the philosophy, and the history of the Hatha Yoga tradition. Pranakriya Yoga is in the lineage of Swami Kripalu and founded by Yoganand Michael Carroll, a Master Yogi who trained with Swami Kripalu, Amrit Desai, and lived as a renunciant at the Kripalu Ashram in the early ‘80s.
The program includes:
• 9 weekends, 6-9 months learning methodologies
• 24 postures - w/ modifications and variations
• 5 beginning level pranayamas
• 7 “Practice Teach” opportunities
• 5 different types of class
• 1 amazing experience - personal discovery & growth
What is Pranakriya?
Pranakriya Yoga is one of the most transformational and logically structured yoga teacher trainings in the country. Our program threads together asana, anatomy, pranayama, meditation, philosophy, relaxation, observation and hands-on assisting. Our goal is to skillfully encourage personal reflection in each pose, pranayama, and meditation helping students recognize that what is discovered on the mat can be used in everyday living.
Our Program Directors are passionate about their yoga practice and dedicated to sharing their love and respect of yoga with their students. Our graduates come away with a deep understanding of the teachings of yoga and are prepared to teach a variety of classes in a variety of settings, including yoga studios and gyms.
March 15 - 17
April 12 – 14
May 3 – 5
May 31 – June 2
June 28 – 30
July 26 – 28
August 23 – 25
September 20 – 22
October 25 – 27
Make-up Dates: November 15-17
Program Cost: $2,950
Includes a comprehensive Pranakriya Yoga Manual.
Installment Plan is available.
For more information, please contact us:
For Accommodations & Other Information